Financial Aid Information

Students should follow these steps to complete the financial aid process with ICC:

  1. Apply for Admissions if you are a new student to ICC. You will receive electronic notification of your acceptance along with your Student ID Number.
  2. Apply for ICC Scholarships
  3. Complete the FAFSA
    • Student attending beginning Spring 2024 or Summer 2024 sessions must complete the 2023-24 FAFSA
    • Students attending beginning Fall 2024 sessions must complete the 2024-25 FAFSA
    • Transfer students should add ICC’s school code (001924) to their existing FAFSA
    • If you have not yet completed the FAFSA and want to estimate your finanicial aid, check out the Federal Student Aid Estimator Tool
  4. Submit all final transcripts to ICC. Final high school/GED transcripts should be sent to then ICC Registrar. Final college transcripts should be sent to the ICC Registrar. Any student wishing to be considered for Federal Student Aid must provide all official college transcript(s) regardless of whether the student earned credit from the institution they attended.
  5. Sign on to the ICC Online Financial Aid System
    • View and submit ‘My Required Documents’ (some documents may be uploaded directly through the system)
    • View and accept ‘My Awards’
    •  View your ‘Financial Aid Disclosure’
    • View financial aid disbursements
    • You can view instructions on how to access the Online Financial Aid System HERE
  6. Sign up for Direct Deposit (optional)
  7. Sign Privacy Release (optional)

ICC participates in a variety of financial aid programs to assist students with paying for the cost of attending college. ICC participates in and offers the following types of aid:

  1. Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
  2. Kansas State Aid
  3. Aid to Veterans
  4. Institutional Aid
  5. Outside Aid

Student Responsibilities

For detailed information about student responsibilities in the financial aid process, visit the Student Responsibilities section of this site. 

Student Loan Code of Conduct

ICC's Student Loan Code of Conduct Policy for ICC, its employees and affiliated organizations.

NASFAA Ethical Principles: 

The Office of Student Financial Aid is a member of the National Association for Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA).  Our office upholds the NASFAA Ethical Principles.

NASFAA members are required to adhere to the following Statement of Ethical Principals as a condition of membership.

The primary goal of the financial aid professional is to help students achieve their educational potential by providing appropriate financial resources.  Our members are required to exemplify the highest level of ethical behavior in helping students and families find the best ways to pay for college and demonstrate the highest level of professionalism.  We take great pride in our essential task of helping our students and families determine the best ways to meet their educational expenses.

The Financial Aid Professional shall:

  • Be committed to removing financial barriers for those who wish to pursue postsecondary learning.
  • Make every effort to assist students with financial need.
  • Be aware of the issues affecting students and advocate their interests at the institutional, state and federal levels.
  • Support efforts to encourage students, as early as the elementary grades to aspire to and plan for education beyond high school.
  • Educate students and families through daily consumer information.
  • Respect the dignity and protect the privacy of students, and ensure the confidentiality of student records and personal circumstances.
  • Ensure equity by applying all need analysis formulas consistently across the institution’s full population of student financial aid applicants.
  • Provide services that do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or economic status.
  • Recognize the need for professional development and continuing education opportunities.
  • Promote the free expression of ideas, opinions, and foster respect for diverse viewpoints within the profession.
  • Commit to the highest level of ethical behavior and refrain from conflict of interest or the perception thereof.
  • Maintain the highest level of professionalism, reflecting a commitment to the goals of the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators.

Student Consumer Information

Independence Community College discloses information in accordance with the Higher Education Act of 1965 as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) of 2008 to provide support to prospective and current students as they make decisions regarding their college education.

Consumer information for students and their families can be found HERE

Questions regarding Student Consumer Information should be directed to the Vice President for Student Affairs.  You may also request a paper copy of the Student Consumer Information by reaching out to the Vice President for Student Affairs. 

David Adams
1057 W College Ave
Independence, KS 67301

  Contact Us

ProfileCard:ERROR:Entity with ID #2262784 of type "Cms\Modules\PeopleBundle\Entity\Profile\ProfileProxy" was not found.

Megan Royse

Financial Aid Specialist Email Megan Royse

Last Name A - L

Nicole Munoz

Financial Aid Specialist Email Nicole Munoz

Last Name M - Z

Financial Aid Office

General Contact Email Financial Aid Office

General Contact

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.