Mission and Vision
Independence Community College serves the best interests of students and the community by providing academic excellence while promoting cultural enrichment and economic development.
To be a community college that provides an exceptional educational experience by cultivating intellect, encouraging creativity, and enhancing character in a student and community centered environment.
- Integrity: ICC holds its employees and students accountable to be honest, ethical, and transparent.
- Excellence: ICC demonstrates continuous quality improvement in academics and services offered to students and other stakeholders.
- Responsiveness: ICC looks to the future by responding to the emerging needs of its stakeholders.
- Diversity/Enrichment: ICC provides an environment that values uniqueness while promoting personal growth through creativity and innovation.
- Commitment: ICC commits to making decisions that best serve its students and community.
In striving to meet its institutional responsibilities as a community college, Independence Community College sets forth the following purpose statements in definition of its educational programs and services. These statements also serve as criteria for the administration, faculty, staff, students, and the public in assessing the College's effectiveness in meeting its institutional mission.
1. Achieving Junior Level Transfer Status
Students who have completed either a prescribed Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree programs at Independence Community College should be able to transfer to select four-year colleges or universities with junior status. The College establishes and maintains transfer agreements with select institutions to facilitate the transferability of its academic programs.
2. Achieving Entry Level Occupational Skills
Students who have completed either a prescribed Career/Technical Education Certificate or Associate of Applied Science degree program will have acquired the requisite skills for obtaining employment or advancement in the field of that educational program.
3. Promoting and Providing Life-Long Learning Opportunities
The College provides individuals with the means to upgrade their job skills and to improve the quality of their lives through academic endeavors.
4. Achieving Basic Skills and/or College Readiness
Through academic and other support services, students can achieve the proficiency required for continuance in higher education, for employment, or for day-to-day communication and computation.
5. Participating in College and Community Sponsored Activities
Students attending Independence Community College can participate in a wide variety of activities aimed at broadening their social, political, physical, and cultural horizons.
- Mission and Vision
- College Directories
- Campus Map
- College Calendar
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.