Independence Community College supports the Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) initiative, encouraging high school students to enroll in college courses for an early start on their postsecondary education.
The ICC NOW program offers eligible high school students the chance to take college classes while still attending high school. This experience helps students understand college demands, enrollment processes, and associated costs. It facilitates a smoother transition from high school to college and enriches academic readiness for college-level coursework.
Participation in ICC NOW provides valuable lessons for students and their families, supporting their ongoing college careers. With proper time and focus, students can make significant progress toward their college education. ICC offers concurrent classes at high schools within our service area, allowing students to receive a quality education taught by accredited high school teachers following ICC curriculum.
Additionally, ICC offers Dual Credit courses, regular college classes taught by certified high school instructors. These courses are exclusive to high school students, providing a genuine college experience.
If you have already taken classes with Independence Community College within the last year, then skip to step #5. There is no need to apply more than once.
- New students, please click here to fill out the High School Application to apply for admission to Independence Community College.
- Fill out the ICC NOW Student/ Parental Consent Form here. Please note you will not be able to continue the enrollment process without this form.
- You will receive an acceptance email approximately 48-72 hours after applying. Please read through the information.
- You will receive a separate email with your log-in information and directions to access your ICC Account.
- Your login information will also access your ICC email account. This is important for you to check frequently. All correspondence with ICC must be sent and received from this email account.
- Meet with your school counselor to select your courses from your school's flyer and any other courses you'd like to enroll in. Please note that your class might require you to meet a prerequisite. See Step #8 if you need to inquire about testing.
- After you know which classes you'd like to enroll in, log into your ICC self-service account and add the courses to your schedule.
- Make sure you send any transcripts, test scores, etc. if you need to meet a prerequisite to email@example.com. Your counselor will also assist you with this.
- Schedule placement testing if you need to meet a prerequisite, and do not have sufficient ACT, Accuplacer, or SAT test scores. Please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a testing date.
*All costs are per credit hour and are subject to change.
*All high school students are responsible for any consumable cost.
High school students are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid.
All students enrolling in courses at Independence Community College agree to pay the costs associated with the course(s), including but not limited to, tuition, fees, meal plans, housing costs, consumables, and course fees.
If you have any questions about how to set up a payment plan or make a payment online, please email email@example.com.
ICC NOW enrollment is available for eligible high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Certain courses may have prerequisite requirements to ensure academic readiness for college classes. It's important to meet with your high school counselor to confirm that you have the necessary placement scores on file before registering for courses. Refer to the current prerequisite information below. If you haven't taken the ACT or need to schedule a placement test, please reach out to your the Office of Academic Affairs to arrange a testing date.
ICC NOW partners with high schools in our service area. For more information on ICC NOW course offerings within your high school, please click on your school flyer below or contact your high school counselor.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.