Career And Technical
Independence Community College currently offers the following technical programs:
- Long-Term Care Certificate
- Accounting – AAS Degree
- Administrative Office Management – Certificate and AAS Degree
- Entrepreneurship/Small Business Management – AAS Degree
- Small Business Mangement-Certificate
- Computer Information Technology – Certificate and AAS Degree
- Computer Programming – Certificate and AAS Degree
- Web Design and Development-Certificate and AAS Degree
- Nail Technician
- Instructor Training Certificates
Early Childhood Education
- AAS Degree
Emergency Medical Technician
- EMT Certificate
- AEMT Certificate
- AAS Degree
Program Specific Admissions Criteria:
The following ICC technical programs have a selective admissions process that require the following:
• Cosmetology: Prospective students are required to submit a short essay and two letters of reference and must complete an admissions interview prior to acceptance in the program.
• Veterinary Nursing: Prospective students are required to have completed high school (or its equivalent). Prospective students should have already completed program prerequisite courses including English Composition I, Biology I, General Chemistry and Introduction to Veterinary Technology. Prospective students are required to complete the veterinary technology admissions application, pay a $25 application fee, submit an essay and two letters of recommendation.
Students, parents, employees and the general public are hereby notified that this institution does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in its offering of all of its technical/vocational opportunities. Any person having inquiries concerning Independence Community College’s compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI, Title IX and Section 504 of the Americans with Disability Act of 1990 is directed to contact the coordinator designated to coordinate the College’s efforts to comply with the regulations implementing these laws:
For more information about specific ICC’s technical/vocational programs, select the tab to the right that corresponds with the program you are interested in or contact the College at 620-331-4100.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.