Report It

Students with facultyIndependence Community College takes complaints or concerns very seriously. All parties involved are strongly advised to fully understand the policies related their particular concern. Before taking action, please review the ICC Student Handbook or College Catalog to familiarize yourself with the official policies as they may pertain to your concern.

The ICC Student Handbook is available here. Here you will find policies that mostly pertain to student life at ICC.

The ICC Course Catalog is available here. Here you will find policies that are mostly related to academics and accessibility

Independence Community College is committed to providing quality instruction and service to students in every aspect of the educational experience. Occasionally, situations arise where students become dissatisfied with a part of their educational experience. When this happens, students are strongly encouraged to read the Student Handbook and the Academic Catalog first, and then submit their concern/complaint using the form below.

If this is an emergency and/or needs immediate attention, please call 911. 
You may submit a concern ticket after calling 911.
A complaint form is located below or accessible here:


Reporting Forms


Once submitted, the student will be contacted by the appropriate personnel for a timely resolution. Please note that the ICC Board of Trustess serves as an advisory board to the college, and will not be involved in the complaint process.

Continued Grievance

In the event, that the grieving party completes the appropriate actions above in attempts to satisfy a grievance and still remains dissatisfied, the grieving party may file a complaint with the college's Board of Trustees. You can file a complaint with the ICC Board of Trustees here.

Additional Resources

If you are taking online courses and residing outside the state of Kansas while attending, you should first contact the appropriate office to resolve a grievance (business office, financial aid, registration, etc.). However, if the issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint with the Kansas Board of Regents by following this procedure: or ( ComplaintForm_SARAinstitutions.pdf

Independence Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. Complaints regarding an institution’s ongoing ability to meet the Criteria of Accreditation may be filed by following the guidelines at

If a resolution cannot be obtained through the Board of Trustees, you can contact the Kansas Attorney General’s Office of Consumer Protection if the complaint comprises of consumer protection or fraud:

Consumer Protection Hotline: 1-800-432-2310 or (785) 296-3751
Fax: (785) 291-3699

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.