The Fine Arts at Independence Community College provides a stimulating environment where students and faculty interact seamlessly to create a diverse, rigorous, and professional learning environment. Our ability to utilize everyone in our division creates a wonderful interdisciplinary structure that leads to an intimate and supportive atmosphere. Our faculty is comprised of accomplished working professionals in all fields, and their commitment to invest in each student's education is what sets us apart.
- SEA CHANTEY P-ARR-TY: Presented by ICC Music Department. Tuesday February 23rd 6pm-8pm at the Student Union ICC Main Campus. Alexis Lowder directs the student body in evening of laughs and song.
- STEEL MAGNOLIAS By Robert Harling: Directed by Page Petrucka March 12th & 13th 7pm. March 14th 2pm William Inge Theatre ICC Main Campus. ICC brings this delightful tragic-comedy to the Inge Stage. Set in a beauty salon in the 80s, this play tells the story of friendship, family, loss, and true Southern Hospitality. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, but that’s ok, because “Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion.” Special thanks to the ICC Cosmetology department for their expertise and guidance!
- ROBERT RADLIFF ARTIST IN RESIDENCE RECITAL: Presented by ICC Instrumental Department Friday March 19th 7:30pm at The William Inge Theatre ICC Main Campus. ICC is honored to host an evening with renowned concert violinist Robert Radliff. He will be Accompanied by Independence’s Karen Knox on piano.
- A CONTINUED CELEBRATION OF BEETHOVEN’S 250TH: Presented by ICC Orchestra (Under the Direction of Dr. Lawrence Markiewicz) A Full Orchestra Concert featuring the music of Vienna. Monday March 22nd 7:30 pm at Memorial Hall Independence Kansas. ICC Orchestra brings a night of Beethoven’s music to the Music Hall. Social Distancing and Masks required. Seating is Limited.
- SEA CHANTEY P-ARR-TY: Presented by ICC Music Department. Tuesday March 23rd 6pm-8 pm at the Student Union ICC Main Campus. Alexis Lowder directs the student body in evening of laughs and song.
- ICC BAND HONORS DAY CONCERT: Presented by ICC Music Department Saturday April 17th 4pm at the Bandshell at Riverside Park Independence, Kansas. Dr. Larry Markiewicz brings together young musical artists from our surrounding region for a day of music, culminating in an afternoon concert.
- SOCIALLY DISTANT SWINGIN’: Presented by ICC Jazz Band Sunday April 18th 7pm at Stoney B’s Outdoor Deck, Independence Kansas. ICC Jazz band is taken it outside for a socially distant evening of Swing Music.
- ICC ORCHESTRA HONORS DAY CONCERT: Presented by ICC Music Department Saturday April 24th 4pm at the Bandshell at Riverside Park Independence, Kansas. Dr. Larry Markiewicz brings together young musical artists from our surrounding region for a day of music, culminating in an afternoon concert.
- A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM by William Shakespeare: Directed by Paul Molnar April 30th & May 1st at 6:30 PM, May 2nd at 2 PM at the Bandshell at Riverside Park Independence, Kansas Free Admission. One of Shakespeare's most beloved comedies; follows the story of true love, the magic of fairies, and the hilarious tale of a vagabond troop of actors. Join us as we explore this wonderful play in the beauty of the great outdoors!
- ICC WIND AND JAZZ SOLO CONCERT: Presented by ICC Wind Band & Jazz Ensemble Concert Monday May 3rd 7pm at the 4-H Building. Join Us for an evening of music. Our concert will feature our own student soloists. They have been doing the work come out and support them.
- Art MAJORS EXHIBITION: Coming in Fall 2021
- Anna Plays starts October 2, 2020 at 6pm. Enjoy an evening of 10 minute plays written and directed by ICC Theatre Students.
- A 1940s CHRISTMAS CAROL a new radio/stage play written by Page Petrucka and directed by Paul Molnar & Dee Byrd. William Inge Theatre, October 23 & 24 at 7 PM. Join us for a special watch party December 22nd! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddx3CyR_ju0
- Concert for ICC Concert Band and Jazz Band at the BandShell Sunday Afternoon October 25th 4:30pm
- Concert for ICC Orchestra, ICC held its first ever Symphony Orchestra concert on Monday 11/2/2020; 7pm at the historic Memorial Hall Auditorium. We celebrated Beethoven’s 250th Birthday by playing portions of his 5th and 6th Symphonies and his dramatic Egmont Overture. We rounded the program out with works by Bernstein, Handel & Wagner.
- Faculty Recital, Alexis Lowder, soprano Sarah Scovel, piano Sunday, November 15, 2020 ~ 3 p.m. William Inge Theater, featuring works by Florence B. Price, Harry T. Burleigh, Chevalier de Saint-Georges, and Undine Smith Moore
- Art Major Showing in group exhibition at Chanute Art Gallery Tuesday, Nov. 3 through Saturday, Nov. 21, 2020 Gallery Hours: Tuesday & Saturday 11:00a – 3:00p
- Professor JD McGuire’s art exhibition “Practice What You Love”, opens November 19, 2020 at Jim Hayward Fine Arts Gallery.
Check out the New Edition Of ICC Literary Magazine: Argo Navis
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.