Your residency (which is used to charge your tuition) is based on the residential address provided to admissions. If your residency is not correct at the time of admission or your residency changes, you are required to notify the Registrar before the first day of the semester. The Registrar reserves the right to change your initial residency based on further review of your application or other materials submitted to the department. Your residential address on the first day of the semester will be used when determining residency.

Determination of residency is made in accordance with Kansas Statutes 71-406 and 71-407 »

To Qualify for In-State Tuition: *You are required to be a resident of Kansas for six consecutive months prior to the start of the semester in order to qualify for in-state tuition.

  • Earning in-state tuition does not guarantee keeping it. Moving in or out of Montgomery County or the state will affect your residency-potentially for the current semester.
  • Living in a dormitory in Kansas for six consecutive months prior to the start of the semester does not qualify you for in-state tuition.
  • Students who are in the United States on a visa are considered to be in Kansas temporarily and are not eligible for in-state tuition regardless of current address.

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.