Engineering, Mathematics, and Physical Science
The Associate of Science Degree in Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences is intended to enable students to complete the necessary courses at the freshman and sophomore level in pursuit of a Bachelor of Science Degree in the areas of chemistry, engineering, mathematics or physics. Students needs to choose an area of emphasis at the time of choosing this program.
Engineering, Mathematics, & Physical Science Program Outcomes
- Demonstrate appropriate mastery of the foundational aspects of differential and integral calculus necessary to transfer to a 4-year institution and achieve a degree in a STEM-related field.
- Explain the scientific method and discuss the basic concepts of physical science and/or chemistry in the broader context of science and a diverse society.
- Analyze a real-world problem, choose the appropriate mathematical construct for the problem at hand, and process the numeric, symbolic, and/or graphical information necessary to arrive at appropriate solutions/conclusions in real world applications.
- Demonstrate appropriate proficiency with the language of science, both through the student’s ability to understand and use the written and oral communications.
- Use appropriate lab techniques and resources to collect, analyze, and present data in a scientific manner.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.