ICC Veterans Information

  • To find out if you are eligible for VA benefits, call toll free: 1-888-442-4551 or go to the VA Education web site.
  • ICC cannot determine eligibility for VA benefits, cannot advise on VA benefit use, nor determine the amount of assistance that a student will recieve. ICC can verifiy via the VA’s online system that a student is enrolled and the number of hours.  
  • It is the student’s responsibility to inform ICC if the number of credit hours changes during a semester.
    • Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty (Chapter 30)
    • Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
    • Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP) (Chapter 32)
    • Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA) (Chapter 35)
    • Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) (Chapter 1607)
    • Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter33)
    • Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)
  • If you are a Chapter 31 student, contact your Vocational Rehabilitation case manager for authorization.
  • If you have received VA education benefits before, complete form 22-1995 at www.gibill.va.gov or 22-5495 if you are a Chapter 35 student.
  • If you are a veteran researching online education opportunities and would like to view an additional resource, please visit Accredited Online Schools and Colleges, an online database designed for veterans.

To apply for benefits:

  1. Complete form 22-1990 at www.gibill.va.gov (click on education forms) or 22-5490 if you are a Chapter 35 student.
  2. Complete ICC Admissions Application (Apply Now! or ICC Admissions Office)
  3. Complete ICC Enrollment/Course Scheduling Form (ICC Admissions or your advisor)
  4. Complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) (ICC Financial Aid office)
  5. Provide the following to the ICC Registrar’s office:
  • Completed ICC VA Benefit Application (VA Benefits Verification Application)
  • Copy of 22-1990/22-5490 or confirmation
  • Copy of DD214 if you have been discharged
  • Copy of 22-1990 Part II signed by unit Education Service Office
  • Copy of NOBE if you are Active Reserves or National Guard
  • Official transcript of training credit from Joint Services
  • Registrar will submit verification of enrollment online. Enroll each semester as soon as possible and notify Registrar – it is your responsibility to let the Registrar know you are enrolled. Initial enrollment approval can take up to 8 weeks, so do not delay enrollment or notification.
  • As a Chapter 30, 1606, or 1607 student, it is also your responsibility to go online and verify that you are still enrolled once a month at: www.gibill.va.gov/wave/ or call 1-888-823-2378.


The Veteran Success Department offers scholarships to Veteran and Dependent students. For more information contact a member of the Veteran Success Center Staff

Green Zone Advocate Banner


If you have any questions, contact the ICC Financial Aid office at 620.332.5411 or 620.332.5449. 

GI Jobs Logo

KanVet Logo

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.