Independence Community College (ICC) is now accepting applications for mid-semester courses.
Both online and classroom courses are available for the eight-week term, which will run October 10 through December 14.
Available courses include:
* African-American History, offered online and instructed by Jon Wells;
* Music Appreciation, online, instructed by Eric Rutherford;
* Introduction to Sociology, online, instructed by Jennifer Wilson;
* Concert Band, evening course/open to the community, instructed by Larry Markiewicz; and
* Wellness Concepts, classroom, instructed by Taylor Floyd
ICC Enrollment Director Brittany Thornton explained mid-semester courses offer multiple benefits for students.
“Courses like History, Sociology and Wellness are required for virtually any four-year degree, so mid-semester classes are the perfect option,” Thornton said. “These courses transfer easily to a university but have all the advantages of being delivered in a community college setting, including quality instruction, small class sizes and very affordable tuition.”
She noted ICC currently ranks eighth among the Most Affordable Community Colleges in the United States, according to the American Association of Community Colleges, and was recently named among the “Best Community Colleges in America” by the SmartAsset financial advisory firm, who annually ranks community colleges based on graduation and transfer success, affordability and student-to-faculty ratio.
Interested students may directly call or text (620) 205-9594 for more information or apply online at www.indycc.edu.