Independence Community College (ICC) is a two-year educational institution accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. It was established in 1925 as grades 13 and 14 of the Independence public school system. In 1967, Independence Community College legally separated from the school district. Construction of the new community college on a 68 acre campus, formerly the Independence Country Club, began in 1969. Classes at the new site began in September 1970. ICC campus is now home to the Academic Building, Fine Arts Building, Student Union, Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Field House, Administration Building, William Inge Center for the Arts, fitness center, athletic practice fields, disc golf course, 96-bed multi-structure living complex, and a 200 bed residence hall.
By renovating a donated building, in 2010, we expanded our college to include ICC West (2615 West Main Street). This campus is located on the west side of Independence and is home to our technical programs: Allied Health, Cosmetology, and GED/ABE. Additional renovations were completed in 2012 to accomodate our newest program, Veterinary Technology. This state-of-the-art facility includes animal wards, a classroom, lab, surgery, pharmacy, prep room, small animal treatment, food prep, grooming, and radiology.
Currently, our educational and support programming includes 28 programs of study for Associates of Arts and/or Science degrees, Student Support Services, Upward Bound, men's and women's athletic programs, and a variety of campus organizations and activities.
ICC is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, IL 60602, 1-800-621-7440.
The Board of Trustees members are elected by the Montgomery County voters within the college taxing district as authorized by Kansas Statutes.
- Mission and Vision
- College Directories
- Campus Map
- College Calendar
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.