This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.

ICC Veterans Information

  • To find out if you are eligible for VA benefits, call toll free: 1-888-442-4551 or go to the VA Education web site.
  • ICC cannot determine eligibility for VA benefits, cannot advise on VA benefit use, nor determine the amount of assistance that a student will recieve. ICC can verifiy via the VA’s online system that a student is enrolled and the number of hours.  
  • It is the student’s responsibility to inform ICC if the number of credit hours changes during a semester.
    • Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty (Chapter 30)
    • Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
    • Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP) (Chapter 32)
    • Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA) (Chapter 35)
    • Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) (Chapter 1607)
    • Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter33)
    • Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)
  • If you are a Chapter 31 student, contact your Vocational Rehabilitation case manager for authorization.
  • If you have received VA education benefits before, complete form 22-1995 at or 22-5495 if you are a Chapter 35 student.
  • If you are a veteran researching online education opportunities and would like to view an additional resource, please visit Accredited Online Schools and Colleges, an online database designed for veterans.

To apply for benefits:

  1. Complete form 22-1990 at (click on education forms) or 22-5490 if you are a Chapter 35 student.
  2. Complete ICC Admissions Application (Apply Now! or ICC Admissions Office)
  3. Complete ICC Enrollment/Course Scheduling Form (ICC Admissions or your advisor)
  4. Complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) (ICC Financial Aid office)
  5. Provide the following to the ICC Registrar’s office:
  • Completed ICC VA Benefit Application (VA Benefits Verification Application)
  • Copy of 22-1990/22-5490 or confirmation
  • Copy of DD214 if you have been discharged
  • Copy of 22-1990 Part II signed by unit Education Service Office
  • Copy of NOBE if you are Active Reserves or National Guard
  • Official transcript of training credit from Joint Services
  • Registrar will submit verification of enrollment online. Enroll each semester as soon as possible and notify Registrar – it is your responsibility to let the Registrar know you are enrolled. Initial enrollment approval can take up to 8 weeks, so do not delay enrollment or notification.
  • As a Chapter 30, 1606, or 1607 student, it is also your responsibility to go online and verify that you are still enrolled once a month at: or call 1-888-823-2378.
Student playing a flute


If you have any questions, contact the ICC Financial Aid office at 620.332.5411 or 620.332.5449. 

GI Jobs Logo

KanVet Logo