TRIO Upward Bound Student Application How To
In order to be considered for the Upward Bound Program, you must submit a COMPLETE application packet. In order to be accepted, the following must be completed and/or included with your application:
1. A fillable and secure online application that allows for both student and parent/guardian signatures can be accessed using the link below. Once complete, the electronic application will immediately sent to Upward Bound Staff at ICC via an encrypted/protected email.
Online Application Link: Online Application:
If the link does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it into your browser.
2. If you do not wish to add a remark and sign the financial statement located in the online or paper application, please provide us with a signed copy of your federal tax return (if filed) or other income verification document (also needs to be signed).
3. Use the checklist below to verify you’ve completed the entire application packet. If sending your application by mail or delivering in person, return application packet pages 3-10 to us in addition to any required and signed supporting documentation.
- ð Online or paper Student Application has been completed by both legal guardian and applicant.
- o Both the legal guardian and applicant have signed page six.
- ð Participant Eligibility Form has been completed by the applicant’s parent or legal guardian.
- o If applicable, legal guardian or independent student has provided a statement within the application regarding the applicant’s low-income status and they have signed the required signature box.
- o If no statement and signature were provided, ensure substantiating and signed financial documentation has been included with the application or is being mailed/delivered.
- ð Release of Records Form has been reviewed, filled out entirely, and signed/dated by both the student applicant and their parent/legal guardian.
- ð The student has contacted ALL of the following required recommendation individuals. They provided him/her with their contact information (phone and email) and stated they would offer Upward Bound Staff their recommendation for program acceptance when they are asked to do so:
- Principal or Vice Principal
- Core Teacher #1
- Core Teacher #2
Parents and Students: All of your personal information will be protected and transmitted securely in accordance with federal law.
Have Questions or Need More Info?
For information or questions, call (620) 332-5465 / 5453 / 5452 or email email@example.com
How to Get Your Application to Us
Complete the online application by clicking here!
TRIO Upward Bound is located on the Independence Community College Campus.
Our office is located in Parking Lot B, Brick F.
Application Mailing Address:
Independence Community College
Attn: Upward Bound
1057 W. College Ave.
Independence, Kansas 67301-9998
Online applications do not need to be printed/mailed.
Upward Bound is a college preparatory program geared toward helping participants succeed in high school and prepare for college. Funded by the U.S. Department of Education, Upward Bound serves 65 high school students. Eligible applicants must be in 9-11 grade, show motivation to succeed in high school & college, and meet low income and/or potential first-generation college student requirements.
College Campus Visits
Financial Aid Assistance
Paid College Credits*
ACT Testing Fee Waivers
Paid College Admission Fees
6 Week Summer Program
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.