Welcome to my Faculty/Staff page!
Here's a little bit about me for those of you who want to know:
Hi, I'm Harty Blackert, and I'm the Fine Arts Technical Director and Theatre Manager here at ICC. I've been on staff since the Fall of 2011. My philosophy is (after 23 years of experience in business management and technical theatre) that even if career choices after college do not end in performance or technical theatre, our extremely competitive world and global market economy demands individuals that are highly creative, have the ability to think outside the box, and know how to be a collaborative team player.
So, pursue your passion, do what you love, and if technical theatre and behind the scenes work is your thing, I look forward to teaching and working with you to create great works of theater art.
Recent shows we've mounted here at ICC's William Inge Theater:
- 2014 ASTRA Arts Festival’s presentation of the three travelling shows in the William Inge Theater (Say Goodnight Gracie, Hard Travelin’ with Woody, Vincent), and the Readings (Joy Harjo, Alan Heathcock) in the new ICC Black Box Theater
- Independence Children's Summer Theater’s Peter Pan Jr., God Spell Jr., Sleeping Beauty
- ICC’s Music Department presentation of Fairy Tale (Princess) Tea and Revue, Disney Revue, Little Shop of Horrors, Once Upon A Mattress, South Pacific, currently working on The Spitfire Grill musical
- ICC’s Theater Department presentation of A Midsummer Night's Dream, The Tall Girls, Student-led Cabaret, Reading To Vegetables, The Emperor’s New Clothes, A Child’s Christmas In Wales,Oleanna, The Anna Plays (Inge and Black Box Theatres), Laundry and Bourbon, Lone Star ('59 Pink Thunderbird Convertible), Time Stands Still, The Nerd
- The William Inge Center for the Arts’ 2012, 2013, 2014 William Inge Festival, The 24-Hour Plays (both High School and Community editions), currently working on the William Inge Festival 2015 as Production Manager
Shows recently designed and/or TD outside of ICC (because you can never do enough theater):
- Neewollah’s 2013 musical production of Mel Brooks’ Young Frankenstein (set design), the 2014 production of Honk! (set and light design and build)
- Tyro Christian Church’s presentation of I Will Follow Christ I & II, House of Hope, The McDougals, No Greater Love I & II, The Reason, The Way, and recently Unrestrained.
You can find more information about ICC and classes that may interest you through the Programs of Study page located on the home page.
If you have any questions please contact me, or call ICC at 1.800.842.6063