ICC Veterans Information
- To find out if you are eligible for VA benefits, call toll free: 1-888-442-4551 or go to the VA Education web site at: http://www.gibill.va.gov
- ICC cannot determine eligibility for VA benefits, cannot advise on VA benefit use, nor determine the amount of assistance that a student will recieve. ICC can verifiy via the VA’s online system that a student is enrolled and the number of hours.
- It is the student’s responsibility to inform ICC if the number of credit hours changes during a semester.
Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty (Chapter 30)
Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP) (Chapter 32)
Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA) (Chapter 35)
Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) (Chapter 1607)
Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter33)
Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)
- If you are a Chapter 31 student, contact your Vocational Rehabilitation case manager for authorization.
- If you have received VA education benefits before, complete form 22-1995 at www.gibill.va.gov or 22-5495 if you are a Chapter 35 student.
- If you are a veteran researching online education opportunities and would like to view an additional resource, please visit Accredited Online Schools and Colleges, an online database designed for veterans.
- To apply for benefits:
- 1.Complete form 22-1990 at www.gibill.va.gov (click on education forms) or 22-5490 if you are a Chapter 35 student.
- 2.Complete ICC Admissions Application (Apply Now! or ICC Admissions Office)
- 3.Complete ICC Enrollment/Course Scheduling Form (ICC Admissions or your advisor)
- 4.Complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) (ICC Financial Aid office)
- 5.Provide the following to the ICC Registrar’s office:
- Completed ICC VA Benefit Application (VA Benefits Verification Application)
- Copy of 22-1990/22-5490 or confirmation
- Copy of DD214 if you have been discharged
- Copy of 22-1990 Part II signed by unit Education Service Office
- Copy of NOBE if you are Active Reserves or National Guard
- Official transcript of training credit from Joint Services (http://jst.doded.mil/official.html)
- Registrar will submit verification of enrollment online. Enroll each semester as soon as possible and notify Registrar – it is your responsibility to let the Registrar know you are enrolled. Initial enrollment approval can take up to 8 weeks, so do not delay enrollment or notification.
- As a Chapter 30, 1606, or 1607 student, it is also your responsibility to go online and verify that you are still enrolled once a month at:www.gibill.va.gov/wave/ or call 1-888-823-2378.
If you have any questions, contact the registrar’s office at (800) 842-6063 ext 5430, or (620) 332-5430.