A transcript is a certified, official record of a student’s academic progress. It contains confidential information and cannot be released to anyone without the student’s written permission and signature.
How to order a Transcript:
Electronic transcripts are available, for $5.00, by simply ordering online at http://www.docufide.com/students.
1. Create an account (initial visit only) with a valid email address and complete your profile.
2. Complete registration through the confirmation email sent by Docufide.
3. Select destinations to receive your transcript.
4. Sign user agreement and pay online.
This method is secure and will provide you with confirmation of receipt of your request and delivery confirmation, when available. You can track your transcript requests online at any time.
For $10.00, you may print the ICC Transcript Request Form or include the following information in a written request:
- Your current name, plus any other name(s) you may have used while attending ICC, as well as since then
- Your social security number
- Your date of birth
- Your approximate dates of attendance at ICC (include any degree and date earned)
- The number of transcripts you are ordering
- The complete address where each transcript is to be sent
- If a separate sealed envelope is required by the reciever, please indicate so
- Your signature
- Your current address and a daytime telephone number
- Indicate if you want transcripts sent after current semester grades are posted and/or after degree statement is on your record
Each student is allowed two free lifetime transcripts when ordered through the Registrar's Office. Each additional transcript is $10.00 paid in advance, unless ordered through Docufide. Payments must be made in US dollars. ICC accepts checks and money orders on U.S. banks, or payment by credit/debit card (MasterCard, VISA, or Discover accepted) may be accomplished ONLY by calling the ICC Business Office at 620.332.5416.
Please send requests to:
Office of the Registrar
Independence Community College
P.O. Box 708
1057 W. College Ave.
Independence, KS 67301
Transcript Policies and Requirements
- Transcript requests will be processed within one week of receipt. However, a longer period of time may be required for processing at the end of each semester and during peak enrollment periods.
- No one else (including your parent, spouse, etc.) may pick up your transcript without your written permission and signed authorization. Please identify in your request the name of the person who is authorized to obtain your transcript.
- Transcripts cannot be issued if the student has any unpaid balance with ICC.
- Some institutions will not accept a transcript directly from the student, ICC must mail them a copy in a sealed envelope (this ensures that no tampering can occur).
- A student signature is required to obtain a transcript. ICC cannot accept transcript requests by telephone or email.
- Transcripts that are faxed to another institution are considered by regulation to be unofficial, and an official transcript may be required in addition to the faxed copy.
- Transcripts for a student’s secondary and previous college education, which have been submitted to Independence Community College as a requirement for admission, become a part of the Registrar’s official file.
- ICC cannot reissue or certify copies of transcripts from other institutions.
- Transcripts for other institutions must be ordered directly from the institution where the coursework was taken.
- Two transcripts are provided free of charge through the Registrar's Office, after that each transcript ordered through the Registrar's Office costs$10.00 (ICC accepts cash, check or money order payable to ICC, MasterCard, VISA, and Discover).
- All fees must be paid in advance.
- PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE CREDIT/DEBIT CARD INFORMATION ON YOUR TRANSCRIPT REQUEST.
- Transcipt requests are not secure documents, they are kept on file at ICC since we are required to protect your privacy, as a result the requests that include credit card information must be destroyed and cannot be processed.
Please call the Registrar’s office at (800) 842-6063 ext. 5430 / 620.332.5430.