Checklist for Students:
- Log into the Student Information System (SIS) using your Student ID and password, then choose the link “Show My Grades”
- Print out your grades
- Return to the website, www.indycc.edu, and click on the Catalog in the Academics tab
- In the course catalog, find your program of study/major and print your program of study
- Compare your classes and grades with your degree program to track your progress
- Using your program of study as a guide, determine what courses are suggested for you to take
- Go to the ICC website, www.indycc.edu, and select the link for Course Search
- Based on the courses available, make a tentative schedule (make sure courses do not overlap and that you have taken any prerequisites)
- Meet with your advisor to enroll
Meet with your advisor regularly:
- Make an appointment to meet your advisor during week three of your first semester at ICC. Get to know each other. Tell your advisor your plans – Do you want to graduate and transfer to a four year school? Get a job in your career field? Use the Setting Goals worksheet to map out your education and career goals.
- Schedule an appointment with your advisor for every Advisement Day
- Forgot who your advisor is? Log into the Student Information System and you will see your advisor’s name under your current course schedule or under your progress grades.
Use campus resources:
Need help? Don’t wait. Someone at ICC can help you get the answers you need about academic and/or student life issues. Check the faculty/staff directory for contact information. Another resource to take advantage of is the online Live Chat, which connects you with a faculty member who can answer your questions. Another resource to take advantage of is the COMPASS Test Prep.
*A variety of services are available to those who have a documented physical, hearing, visual or learning disability. For more information, contact Taylor Crawshaw at 620.332.5457 or email email@example.com.