This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.
Physical Science Instructor
ICC Solar Telescope
A star party for ICC students and staff to observe the passage of Mercury in front of the Sun (transit of Mercury), Nov. 2006
There are two buildings located south east of the ICC campus. There is an 8" refractor telscope which was donated to the college by Esh family and the observatory is named after the family member who donated it. The second telescope is a 10" Schmidt-Cassegrain reflector telescope.
This facility is used to benefit the ICC campus as well as the community. Many groups from the community visit the observatory to learn more about the night sky. Some of the star parties that took place are:
II-VI nanostructures embedded in a Glass Matrix
Silicon Solar Cells.
1. Authored, “Nonlinear Optical properties of II-VI Semiconductor Quantum Dots”, A. Uhrig, M. Saleh, C. Klingshirn, Neuroth, K Remitz and B. Speit, Proc. EuropeanWorkshop on Optical Information Technology (Woit). S. D. Smith and R. F. NealeEds., Springer, Berlin (1993) p133
2. Authored, “Nonlinear Optical Properties and Carrier Relaxation of CdSSe Quantum Dots in Glasses”, Uhrig, A. Worner, W. Langbein, U. Woggon, S. Gaponenko, M. Saleh, O. Wind, H. Kalt and C. Klingshirn, Proc. 21st Intern. Conf. Phys. Semicond., Beijin (1992), Ping Jiang and Hou-Zhi edts. p.1379, World Scientific Singapore
3. Authored, “Nonlinear Optical Properties of Semiconductor Quantum Dots and their Correlation with the Precipitation Stage”, S.V. Gaponenko, U. Woggon, M. Saleh, W.Langbein, A. Uhrig M. Muller and C. Klingshirn,J. Opt. Soc. Am. 10,1947 (1993)
4. Authored, “CdS Quantum Dots in the Weak Confinement”, U. Woggon, M. Saleh, A. Uhrig, M. Portune and C. Klingshirn, J. of Cryst. Growth 138 (1994) 988-992
Contribution to conference without proceedings:
1. Authored, “Herstellung und Optische Eigenschaften von Halbleiterndotierten Glaesern”, M. Saleh, O. Wind, H. Giessen, A. Uhrig, C. Klingshirn and H. Remitz, Veranlg. DPG (German Physical Society) VI 27, HL 6.1 (1992)
2. Authored, “II-VI Quantum Dots - Correlation between Preparation and Optical Properties”, M. Saleh, U. Woggon, A. Uhrig, W. Langbein and C. Klingshirn, Verhanlg. DPG 5/1993 (Europhysics Conf. Abstr. 17A) SC 1.52
3. Authored, “CdS Quantum Dots in the Weak Confinement Case”, U. Woggon, M. Saleh, A. Uhrig and C. Klingshirn, 6th Inter. Conf. on II-VI Compounds and Related Optoelectronic Materials, Newport. RI, USA Sep. 1993, J. Crystal Growth 138 (1994)
Other Professional Interests / Affiliations:
Summer AAPT meeting in Greensboro, North Carolina, held August 27 - September 01, 2007.
April 17th - 19th, 2006: Field trip to Johnson Space Center in Houston TX. The trip was sponsered by a community member, Mr. Woods. The group consisted of:
Mailyn Graham, extended learning coordinator for USD 461 and 484 and a distinguished student of hers: Sara Gudde; a student at Neodesha High school
Mona Saleh, Professor at ICC together with a distiguished physical science student; David Ferguson.
Chautauqua summer school on Teaching Introductory Astronomy held May 26-28, 2005.
2004 spring meeting of Indiana American Association of Physics Teachers “INAAPT”
Member of the American Association of Physics Teachers, AAPT 2004-2009. http://www.aapt.org
Chairwoman, American Business Center, Alexandria, Egypt; 1996 to 1999
Links to websites:
I. Physical Science and Physics
Animations and simulations;