2 + 2 Programs

Independence Community College (ICC) has numerous articulation agreements with four-year universities which honor ICC’s general education courses and conferred degrees when sophomore students consider transferring to a university for their junior and senior years.  Degree Completion Programs are also available for students’ use in completing a degree; many of the courses are provided on the ICC campus or presented on-line.  Transfer equivalencies have been established with the six universities in the state of Kansas associated with the Kansas Board of Regents:  Emporia State University, Fort Hays State University, Kansas State University, Pittsburg State University, the University of Kansas, and Wichita State University.

For questions regarding transfer guidelines and/or assistance in defining your course schedule for your best possible academic success at Independence Community College please contact:

Cindy Lopez 
Academic Advisor 
at 620-332-5610 or arrange an appointment via e-mail, 

Taylor Crawshaw 
Coordinator of Tutoring and Advising 
at 620-332-5457 or arrange an appointment via e-mail, tcrawshaw@indycc.edu

Baker University

Contact:  Connie Beene, Director of Professional and Experiential Learning
Phone:  913-344-1210
Fax:  913-491-0470

Emporia State University

Contact:  Elaine Henrie, Registrar 
Phone:  620-341-5147

Fort Hays State University

Contact:  Dr. Joey Linn, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs/Registrar
Phone:  785-628-4222
Fax:  785-628-4085

Friends University

Degree Completion Programs
Contact:  Jeanice Robertson-Young, Program Representative
Phone:  316-295-5011
Fax:  316-295-5050

Kansas State - Manhattan

Contact:  Office of the Registrar
E-mail: tfradmit@k-state.edu

Phone: 785-532-6250
Fax: 785-532-6393

Kansas State -  Salina

Contact:  Office of the Registrar
E-mail: tfradmit@k-state.edu

Phone: 785-826-2640
Fax: 785-532-6393

Missouri Southern State University

Contact:  Denice Brown, Records Assistant
Phone:  417-625-9389
Fax:  417-625-3117

National American University 

Contact:  Tim Schnabel, Affiliate Relations Manager Distance Learning
E-mail:  tschnabel@national.edu
Phone:  605-394-4939
Fax:  605-394-5072

Newman University


Two-Plus-Two Programs
Contact:  Guy Glidden, Associate Professor of Education
Phone:  620-717-3675

Northeastern State University

Contact:  Dr. Kathleen Reese, Marketing, Meetings and Destination Management
Email reese@nsuok.edu
Phone:  918-456-5511 Ext: 3085, 918-456-5511 Ext: 3085, 918-456-5511 Ext: 3085, 918-456-5511 Ext: 3085

Pittsburg State University

Contact:  Robert J. Masters, Director of Community College and Workforce Partnerships
E-mail:  masters@pittstate.edu
Phone:  620-235-4204

Rogers State University

Contact:  Connie Beair, Director University Relations
E-mail:  cbeair@rsu.edu
Phone:  918-338-8041

Southwestern University

Contact:  Karen L. Pedersen, Ph.D., Vice President for Professional Studies
E-mail:  Karen.pederson@sckans.edu
Phone:  316-684-5335, Ext: 114
Fax:  316-688-5218

Kansas University

Contact:  Office of the Registrar
E-mail:  registrar@ku.edu
Phone:  785-864-4423
Fax:  785-864-5230

University of Phoenix

Contact:  Carrie Hoover, Operations Manager/Evaluation Office of Admissions & Evaluation
E-mail:  carrie.hoover@phoenix.edu
Phone:  602-557-6120
Fax:  602-383-5068

Washburn University

Two-plus-two Programs
Degree completion programs
Contact:  Janet Werner
Email:  2PLUS2@washburn.edu
Phone: 785-670-1030 or 1-800-332-0291, Ext: 1652

Wichita State Univeristy

Contact:  Office of the Registrar
E-mail:  jama.challans@wichita.edu
Phone:  316-978-3055
Fax:  316-978-3795


Transferring Credits

There is a growing list of courses approved by the Kansas Board of Regents for guarantedd transfer among all Kansas public postsecondary institutions. From College Algebra and English Composition I and II, to Public Speaking an Art History I and II, a student who completes a course listed as a guaranteed transfer course at any Kansas public community college, technical college, or university can be certain that he or she can transfer that course to any other Kansas public institution in pursuit of a degree or credential.

Visit the Kansas Board of Regents Transfer and Articulation website for more information. 

Students who transfer to a Kansas public university from a Kansas public community college or technical college (or vice versa) are eligible for Reverse Transfer, which allows for the attainment of any associate degree for which one is eligible along the way to additional certificates and degrees.  Within a student's first semester, those who transfer coursework from a public university, community college or technical college will be notified if they are eligible to be considered for reverse transfer degree status, and which courses are needed to finish the related degree.  Students who then complete the coursework for a given associate degree will be eligible to receive that degree, administered automatically by correspondence between the new institution and the university, community college or technical college the student last attended. 

Visit the Kansas Board of Regents Transfer and Articulation website for more information.